I’m snagging up all of the last peaches from the market this season because I’m totally addicted to this easy Peach and Avocado Salsa. My tacos, rice bowls, chicken salads, and tortilla chips are so happy with a big dish of this peach avocado salsa by their side!
Peach season may be my very favorite season in our region of the country. I make everything from peach freezer jam and canned honey peaches, to classic peach pie, pizza with peaches and prosciutto and peach chicken curry. You starting to see my obsession yet?! And if you’re looking for more inspiration for your peaches, try my peach breakfast crisp (a good excuse to eat dessert for breakfast) and this peach salad that is my absolute favorite late summer meal.
What to do with peach salsa?
I literally put this on everything but if you want specifics here are some ideas:
- Chicken Tacos – I put chicken breast in the slow cooker or pressure cooker with a 1/2 cup of red salsa and cook until it’s ready to be shredded. Serve with warm corn tortillas + this peach salsa
- Taco bowl -Rice or quinoa, black beans and chicken (or no meat for meatless meal) then top with a few spoonfuls + this peach salsa
- Taco Salad – greens, chicken, crumbled tortilla chips + this peach salsa
- Everything bagel with plain cream cheese + this salsa
- Add chickpeas to this salsa and toss with greens, olive oil and s&p and you have a peach & avocado chopped salad.
- And last but not least pick up a bag of simple tortilla chips and start scooping.
How to make easy peach salsa?
My peach salsa is super easy and can be altered to use whatever you have on hand.
- Chop your peaches and avocado in a medium dice.
- Finely dice up red onion or shallot.
- Squeeze half of lime and season with salt and pepper
- Add an herb like basil or cilantro if you’re feeling fancy
Peach and Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 2 medium peaches
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped herbs (basil or cilantro), optional
- Chop up the avocado and peach into similar sizes (about 1/4 inch). Then, finely chop the red onion.
- Toss the fruit in the freshly squeezed lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Add a sprinkle of fresh herbs, if you'd like.
- Serve immediately.