These healthy, vegan, Shamrock Shakes are a perfect St Patrick’s Day Recipe for celebrating!
Things are a lot more festive at our house with a three+ year old. Sometimes it feels like we’re just going from one holiday to the next. From Valentines Cookies to Shamrock Shakes. From making heart shaped cards to sticking four leaf clovers throughout our house. It’s fun and it’s always colorful around here.
About the Recipe
These vegan Shamrock Shakes are kid-approved and their natural dye, made from the avocado and spinach makes them perfectly green for St. Patricks Day. The avocado among with the frozen bananas make the shake have a real creamy texture and if you want it a little more frosty you can put the shakes (after they are blended) in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour before topping them with coconut whipped cream. Feel free to alter the recipe with what you have or what your family normally eats. It also works well with regular milk and greek yogurt if you don’t have any dairy restraints. Change up the sweetness by adding more or less agave or honey.
Hope your days are as colorful as our world is right now 🙂
Healthy Shamrock Shakes
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup spinach*
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk*
- 1/3 cup coconut milk yogurt*
- 10 mint leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons agave, or honey
- 1/2 avocado
- coconut whipped cream, chocolate and mint for serving
- Place all ingredients in a high powdered blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness by adding agave if necessary.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, shaved chocolate and a mint leaf.