Chimmi…what? Whether or not you know what chimichurri sauce is, I will tell you, you need this sauce recipe in your life! This condiment is a perfect blend of herbs, citrus juices, and spice to go along with any Summer grilling. We’re topping all of our steak, salmon and veggies with this chimichurri all season long.
I gave you all my secrets to the perfect seared flank steak and now I’m giving you my secret sauce, chimichurri. It’s a simple one to make and I promise will take your meals to a whole new level.
About the Recipe:
• You can choose to just blend all of the ingredients in a blender and slowly add in the oil and seasonings to your preference or you can chop them up for a slightly textured sauce… you’re call! We enjoy it both ways, depending on the time or hands I have that day (currently holding a baby on my hip most of the day).
• The one jalepeno pepper and the garlic cloves provide a mild spice so if you want more heat I’d add in one extra jalepeno.
• Uses for the sauce are endless, our favorites so far are: steak, salmon, black beans, and grilled veggies.
• You may notice the large quantity of this sauce… I make it in a big batch then freeze it in freezer safe zip lock back in 1/2 cup portions. Each half cup will serve 4-6 people. This will last in your freezer all summer long. For more freezer friendly ideas and recipes, check out my Fast to the Table Freezer Cookbook.
This sauce is definitely what I’ll be drizzling over everything this season!
- 1 bundle cilantro
- 1 bundle parsley Italian flat leaf
- 2-3 stems mint
- 1 red jalepeno pepper
- 8-10 cloves garlic 1 small bulb
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1-1.5 cups olive oil
- 1+ teaspoon sea salt
- 6-10 grinds fresh pepper
- Coarsely chop the cilantro, parsley and mint. Remove seeds from the jalepeno pepper and finely chop. Mince the garlic.
- Juice the limes and lemons and mix together with the herbs.
- Slowly add in the olive oil until your desired consistency and flavor is reached. (If you feel it's too acidic you may want to go with 1.5 cups of olive oil).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Here are some more Summery sauces to accompany veggies, fruit, etc
Strawberry Lime Salad Dressing
Blender Roasted Veggie Marinara
Greek Yogurt and Feta Dressing
Romesco Sauce (roasted red pepper and almonds)