On my quest for several “best” recipes, I have also been seeking out a Blueberry Muffin Recipe that stands out among the rest. Previous best recipe searches have uncovered my Best Granola Recipe, Best Bran Muffin Recipe, and Best Vegan Cookie Recipe. I figure that if I’m blogging a traditional recipe such as this one, it should be my very favorite, right?
Well I can honestly tell you that these are the best Blueberry Muffins that you’ll ever sink your teeth into. After first tasting them at Communal in Provo, the chef graciously sent me his recipe and I’ve been enjoying them often. Basically, anytime I can come up with an excuse to make them I do. Friends visiting from out of town- bluebery muffins, birthday breakfast for a friend- blueberry muffins, baby shower brunch- blueberry muffins, oh wait is it snowing again today- blueberry muffins. You get the idea. They are that good!
This weekend we are expecting more snow, which means, maybe I’ll be making another batch. I might even try altering the recipe a bit for poppy seed muffins, we’ll see.
Thanks to Joey, the chef at Communal for unlocking the secret to one of my favorite breakfast treats.
Best Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries (I like frozen so they don't bleed when mixed in)
- Prepare a muffin pan with liners. This recipe will either make 8 extra large muffins or 12 regular sized.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and salt. Add eggs, vanilla, and milk. Add dry ingredients. Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon out batter into prepared muffin liners. Sprinkle tops with demerara, AA, or any large grain sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-28 min (depending on weather you're making 8 or 12 muffins).
Or just come in for breakfast at Communal
If you like Angry Birds, you’ll love this video of a dad created a Angry Birds birthday