Josh and I have a new favorite thing – bottling cocktails. Its easy… super easy and so fun to show up to a party or gathering with a box filled with bottles of our own concoction. Our latest potion was a Caramel Apple Cider Cocktail, made with top shelf ingredients from Liberty Heights Fresh and perfect for the Thanksgiving Holiday season (recipe to come tomorrow). These bottled cocktails will pretty much guarantee your status as the best party guest. Here are the steps for bottling your own holiday cocktails.
How to Bottle Your Own Cocktails:
1. Gather materials: bottles (we use 6 ounce clear bottles – ask your local home-brewing store what they have available), caps and a big red bottle bottle capper (you can find these a stores that sell beer making kits). You will also need something to mix your cocktail in (we used a large jar) and a cocktail spoon, as well as a strainer (any kind will do) and a small flask funnel or something you can use to pour the drink into the bottle.
2. Sterilize the bottles under hot water
3. Mix your cocktail ingredients together. (this may take a few minutes of stirring – especially if you’re using honey to sweeten like in this recipe).
4. Using a small filter,
pour the cocktail into the bottle
5. Seal the bottles.
6. wahla!! Bring these beauties to your next party.
How to bottle your own cocktail for parties.
- you will need:
- 6 ounce clear bottles
- bottle caps
- bottle capper
- cocktail spoon
- strainer (optional)
- filter/funnel (optional)
- Sterilize the bottles under hot water. Pour your cocktail into one of the bottles using a funnel or filter. Place the cap on the bottle then use a bottle sealer to seal the cap onto the bottle.
- Store in refrigerator until the party.
- You can serve these bottles cold or heat them up in a big pot of simmering water. These will keep for about 1 week.