I’m all about Super Food Bowls! I pile my bowl high and load them up with healthy toppings and dressing. This Winter Super Food Bowl was originally posted in 2015 but I thought it was worthy or re-sharing! Apparently you all like super food bowls too because they are one of my top 5 posts year after year, alongside my Matcha Green Tea Lattes and my Baked White Cheddar Mac and Cheese (love the contrast between healthy and indulgence here :)). So I decided to reinvent my super food bowls with winter-y fruits vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and pomegranate. Then I topped these bowls off with a light drizzle of a peanut sauce that I’m sharing over on Food52. At first I was a little hesitant on how all of these flavors would meld together but after tasting, I promise it is a match made in heaven.
The pomegranate gives the bowls a bright boost that the earthy veggies needed and the creamy peanut butter dressing is like a visit with an old friend. Speaking of, the day I made these my friend Ashley came over for a visit. We made the final touches to the bowls then filled our bowls each to our liking before enjoying. That’s the brilliance of these bowls. You can just line up all of the ingredients and let your family and friends make up his or her own special blend.
As for the my peanut sauce recipe, it’s uses are many. I’m sharing 5 more ideas of how you can use it today on food52. Once you have it around your kitchen I don’t think you’ll have a problem putting it to use. It’s a kitchen staple for us.
Winter Super Food Bowls with Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut sauce paste
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Break apart the cauliflower and broccoli into florets or slice into bite sized pieces. Peel then cut sweet potato into 1 inch cubes. Toss, these veggies with 1 tablespoon of olive oil then bake on a rimmed baking sheet for 35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft and broccoli is crispy.
- In a small sauce pan over medium low heat whisk together the peanut sauce paste with the coconut milk. Once warm and combined, set aside.
- Lay out all of the bowl ingredients: quinoa, roasted veggies, chickpeas, avocado slices, pomegranates and peanut sauce. Assemble bowls to your preference and drizzle with sauce.