Today the inter-webs are swimming with delicious fresh foods! A group of bloggers and I are setting out to all share seasonal recipes with you all day. We figure that if we band together we’re bound to come up with enough recipes that folks can make a complete seasonal feast by using a few of our ideas. I’m envisioning a seasonal, end of summer, fiesta complete with Watermelon Mojitos, Summer Vegetable Tostadas and Peach Lavender Crisp. Check out all of the great ideas below.
Here are some great ideas for having your very own Seasonal Summer Fiesta:
Peach Lavender Crisp by Climbing Grier Mountain
Summer Vegetable Tostadas by Mountain Mama Cooks
Plum Olive Oil Cake by Molly Yeh
Kale Salad with Berries by Cafe Johnsonia
Tomato Nasturtium Salad with Dates and Pistachios by Simple Bites
Simple Roasted Tomato Sauce by Foodie Crush
Watermelon Mojitos by Vintage Mixer
Fresh Cherry Wine Sauce with Ice Cream by Kitchen Confidante
Fresh Peaches and Cream Pie by Lauren’s Latest
Summer Vegetable Gratin by Project Domestication
Recipe by Ina Garden on the FoodNetwork.com
- 30 large fresh mint leaves
- 4 thick slices fresh watermelon, seeds and rind removed
- 10 ounces light rum, such as Bacardi
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- Sprigs of mint and spears of watermelon, for serving
- Use a mortar and pestle to mash the mint leaves you can add a little sugar to help break up the leaves and get the oils from the mint extracted.
- Remove and discard the rind and seeds of the watermelon. Place the watermelon, rum, simple syrup and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Stir to get the froth to go down.
- Put the mashed mint into a large pitcher and add in the watermelon mixture. Stir to combine the mint with the juice.
- Place ice cubes in 6 glasses and pour the mojito mixture into the glasses. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and spears of watermelon.