I seem to change up the my Thanksgiving cranberry sauce recipe every year. This year I made this sugar-free cranberry sauce with local honey from Slide Ridge Honey plus a splash of their honey wine vinegar. The vinegar adds a subtle intrigue to the flavor and the pineapple and honey add sweetness while the combination of spices and orange zest make it perfectly wintery! We loved the results! Feel free to sweeten to your likeness with additional honey. Enjoy!
Quote of the day:
Gathering at the table is the culmination of everything we believe in. Our table will always be full with stories and friendship, even if it is a mere loaf of bread. Our sincerest hope is that you take time to sit, eat, and share life together. Life’s most powerful moments happen at the table. Food brings people together in magical ways.
Sugar-free Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounce bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 2 teaspoons orage zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash ground cloves
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple in juice, no-sugar added
- 2 tablespoons Slide Ridge Honey Wine Vinegar
- 1/2-1 cup Slide Ridge Honey, to taste*
- Bring orange juice, ginger, zest, and cinnamon to a boil on high heat in a medium saucepan. Add cranberries. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes. When mixture starts to thicken add crushed pineapple, vinegar and honey (sweeten to taste).
- Remove from heat and cool.
And the Pie of today… Chocolate Pumpkin Pie by Completely Delicious
Thanksgiving Menu for the Day:
Appetizer: Classis Gruyere Gougeres by Simple Bites
Main Meat: Herbed Roasted Turkey Breast by Oh Sweet Basil
Side Dish: Savory Stuffing with Herbs and Sausage by Cookin’ Canuk
Rolls: Killer Garlic Knots by Foodie Crush
Cocktail: Winter Sangria by Simple Bites
Leftovers: Crostini with Leftover Cranberry Sauce by Cookie and Kate