This Summer Chopped Salad is tossed with a creamy strawberry lime salad dressing that might just be the best salad dressing I’ve made. If you like chopped salads then you’ll love this one, loaded with avocado, mango, peppers and more. Every bite is bursting with so much flavor.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, every season needs its own salad. With new fruits and veggies ripe I was ready to switch things up. For fall it was this salad with figs, cranberries, chunks of apple and I often topped it with pulled pork. During the winter months I’m making this Panzanella Salad with grapefruit and fennel or just topping some greens with roasted root veggies. But Summer… ohh there’s so much goodness to enjoy in a salad during the warm months. This salad has it all… fruit, veggies, crunchy lettuce and the perfect creamy dressing to top it all off. This will for sure be my go-to salad for gatherings this season.
The best part about this salad is that it was a pure accident. I was in a hurry getting ready to go to a gathering of friends, while also tending to my kids and though I had plans of what the salad would be like it turned out totally different. I was planning on a Mexican Salad with black beans, fresh, corn and strawberries (instead of tomatoes), then a cilantro lime dressing. In the chaos of getting ready I forgot the beans, and didn’t have time to slice up all of the strawberries so I decided to throw them into the dressing. Well, I totally lucked out because it turned out way better than my original idea.
This salad has all the best of summer in one big bowl! I have a feeling I’ll be making this over and over this season! For more recipes to enjoy right now, check out all of the lovely seasonally fresh ideas below. I’m always so blow away by the ideas this group of my friends comes up with. And I look forward to seeing what you come up with too. Check out my seasonal guide and use the hashtag #eatseasonal to share what fresh foods you’re enjoying this Summer!
Chunky Citrus Guacamole by Foodie Crush
Cherry Rolls by Kitchen Confidante
Pimento Cheese Spread with Pickled Green Garlic, Radishes, and Rhubarb by Food for My Family
French Green Lentil and Quinoa Salad by Letty’s Kitchen
Simply Strawberry Pie by Joy Food Sunshine
Greek Three Bean Salad by Flavor the Moments
Strawberry Lime Chopped Salad by Vintage Mixer
Cherry-Rhubarb Pie Bars by Floating Kitchen
Roasted Strawberry Yogurt Pops by Completely Delicious
Rhubarb & Orange Frangipane Galette by Simple Bites
Minty Sweet Pea Hummus by She Likes Food
Strawberry Lime Chopped Salad
Strawberry Lime Salad Dressing
- 6 ounces fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 limes juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 grinds freshly ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 mango chopped
- 1 fresh corn cobb kernels removed
- 1/2 cup jicima* chopped (1/4 whole jicima)
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberries stems removed and slices
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
For the salad dressing
- In a blender, mix together all of the salad dressing ingredients except the cilantro. Once all combined add in the cilantro and blend for just a few extra seconds.
For the salad
- Prep all of the fruit and veggies (chop, slice etc). Toss with the strawberry lime dressing (I usually use about 3/4 of the dressing mixture and save the rest for a salad later in the week). Serve immediately with extra strawberries on top.
More Summer Salads to enjoy:
Used in this recipe:
Weck Jars for storing salad dressing