This Pesto and Burrata Stuffed Acorn Squash with Mixed Greens is a recipe inspired by my time sitting on the couch with my newborn. I wrote and wrote ideas down in my little notebook, looking forward to a time when I could get back in the kitchen, all the while also enjoying not being there. Luckily, its a recipe easy enough to make with two littles in my home.
All you need for these beauties are pesto, burrata, and greens. Scoop out the seeds from the squash then roast, then fill and place back in the oven, then top with greens and serve. Simple, simple, simple!! I use this Cilantro and Pumpkin Seed Pesto because it’s just so fall but feel free to use any pesto, like this traditional one or a store-bought one.
It’s the time every month when I share with you a seasonal recipe alongside several of my very favorite bloggers. I look forward to this rhythm in my work every month. It’s a post I know I will create and always have ideas for. Its something I connect with other bloggers on and get to be a part of a group with. And I’m inspired. ALWAYS… just look at the collage and you’ll be inspired too. These gals blow me away every month with their inspiration. Sometimes blogging can be lonely job but this post every month makes me feel connected, connected to real people who enjoy a food-lifestyle similar to me and my family.
So for today I’ll leave you with the inspiration of my fellow bloggers and hope that you find something new and worthy to make in your kitchen this season.
Quinoa Salad with Roasted Beets, Fennel and Fried Goat Cheese by Food For My Family
Apple Crumble Pie Joy Food Sunshine
Pesto and Burrata Stuffed Acorn Squash by Vintage Mixer
Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Muffins by Letty’s Kitchen
Autumn Apple and Kale Salad with Parmesan and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by Simple Bites
Cheesy Pesto Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Boats by Flavor the Moments
Maple Spiced Winter Vegetable and Kale Bowl by Floating Kitchen
Butternut Squash, Mushroom and Poblano Enchiladas by Completely Delicious
Pesto and Burrata Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 4 ounces burrata*
- 2.5 ounces of mixed greens, about 2 cups, dressed in a balsamic dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice the squash in half. Scoop out the flesh and seeds out of the squash and discard. Coat the cut side of the squash with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and use a fork to gently loosen the squash from the skin (leaving the squash inside the skin). Mix 1 tablespoon of basil into each acorn squash half. Top each with a quarter of the burrata. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While cheese is melting, toss the greens with a couple tablespoons of a balsamic vinegar salad dressing and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each acorn squash half with the 1/2 cup of the dressed mixed greens. Serve hot.