It’s mushroom season here and all things green too. This Mushroom Arugula Pasta Salad is simple but full of flavor! Find pesto filled tortellini if you can but any cheese filled pasta will do. And invite some friends over because you’ll want to share this one, it’s big and it’s tasty!
Over the last few months we have experienced community and friendship in a different way. No big gatherings or barbecues, we haven’t been attending birthday parties or celebrations. Our friends have met us quietly with food and sweet notes on our doorsteps, texts and special gifts to get us through.
That quiet yet sweet season is finally over and we’re coming back into the light. We recently joined a new house church, a small gathering of sorts to encourage one another in life and faith, something we haven’t been a part of for over a year. And now we’re back, gathering in bigger numbers and celebrating life together. Sometimes its more fun to get to bring one part of the meal instead of having to make the whole meal yourself. I love those types of gatherings.
For a recent house church meeting we met at the park. Some brought brats and barbecued chicken. I brought this giant bowl of pasta salad to share. It was a taste of friendship and normalcy and we’re so grateful for it!
Mushroom Arugula Pasta Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces fresh assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 16 ounces pesto filled tortellini (or other filled pasta)
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
for the lemon vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss mushrooms in olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and fresh thyme. Spread out onto a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 15 minutes.
- While mushrooms are roasting, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the tortellini and cook according to package directions (should be about 15 minutes).
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the lemon vinaigrette.
- Once mushrooms are done remove from oven and set aside in a separate bowl to cool.
- Drain pasta and toss with a little oil and a few ice cubes to quickly cool (or you can place it in the fridge to cool).
- Once pasta is cool, toss with roasted mushrooms, arugula, lemon vinaigrette and parmesan. Top with additional shredded parmesan and serve.
This is fantastic!! Love all of the ingredients. Perfect for summer.
Thanks so much Mimi! We love a good pasta salad in the summer! My Greek Pasta Salad (also posted) is another favorite!