You’ve probably seen by now, I have a new obsession… Matcha Green Tea Powder. After making matcha tea lattes, I kept experimenting with this rich, bright green tea and came up perfect on the first try and now we just look forward to another loaf soon!
Matcha Green Tea Pound Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (you can also use butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (you may use regular milk)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a loaf pan well or line with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream together the coconut oil and sugar.
- Add almond milk and eggs, and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and a toothpick comes out clean.