Cauliflower fried rice has been on my list to make for quite some time. We experimented with cauliflower a while back when we made cauliflower couscous and cauliflower pizza crust. (Good thing my husband loves cauliflower right?!!) After a recent trip to Harmon’s Grocery Store and seeing their selection of seasonal produce and ethnic food items, I picked up a few things and got to work!
super grateful for what Harmon’s provides our city with. Besides great selection of produce, they have foods for a variety of diets and food restrictions. This recipe is gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian (and also enjoyable to those who eat meat and wheat!) At Harmon’s they specialize in providing something for everyone. With their giant store downtown, they are focusing on healthy, gluten free, clean food with a belief that food is fuel which directly impacts your health and well being.
A few items to note at Harmon’s – their fresh squeezed juices (made
with oranges picked within 2 weeks), fresh never frozen fish, the heathy check out lanes (no candy bars and lots of great quick and healthy options to go), the ready made salads like their Kale Iron Man Salad or Cranberry Quinoa Salad (great for healthy lunches).
Enter here to win $250 at Harmons:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Though Harmon’s has been around for over 83 years, they continue to take a modern spin on things so I think they’ll be proud of the cauliflower fried rice I’ve created –
something maybe a little different but so easy to enjoy. I hope you enjoy it too!
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil*
- 2 large carrots, sliced thin
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce, Tamari is gluten free
- 2 large eggs, optional for vegan
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Using a food processor pulse the cauliflower florets, in batches, until it is about the size of rice (if you don't have a food processor you can use a cheese grater and grate the cauliflower florets).
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and sesame oil. Saute the onion and garlic for aboiut 3-5 minutes or until soft. Add in the carrots and peas (if frozen). Cook another 5 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon slide the vegetables to one side of the skillet and pour the whisked eggs onto the empty side of the skillet. Scramble the eggs, then combine with the vegetables.
- Add in cauliflower and peas (if unfrozen). Stir and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is well cooked.
- Add soy sauce and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with chopped green onions and extra soy sauce.
Here are a few other seasonal cauliflower dishes to enjoy –
Cauliflower Cheese Sauce for Skinny Mac and Cheese by Lauren’s Latest
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos by Two Peas and Their Pod
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic Aioli by Simple Bites
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Rosemary by Cookin’ Canuck
Check out Harmon’s City Creek Store if you’re in Salt Lake!