One Handed Recipes for New Moms– A series of recipes for new moms and other busy folks trying to eat healthy without a lot of effort. Recipe: Breakfast Tacos with tomatoes, feta and avocado
Mama: Suzanne, mother of 13 month old Anna
When I was desperate for food advice as a new mom, I knew I could count on my girlfriend Suzanne, who shares Texas roots with me. She fed me with lots of ideas from green smoothies to these simple breakfast tacos… why didn’t I think of that?! When you’re a new mom, you have to have good friends close to remind you of the simple things. And these tacos may be simple but they are sure full of flavor. Suzanne’s Texas roots won’t let you down!
New Mom Recipe & Tip: ‘Breakfast egg tacos. If you’re really in a rush these can be as simple as eggs and cheese or get fancy with bacon, avocado and tomatoes. You can eat them with one hand on the go or share them with the baby at the table. The tacos share some of Anna’s (Suzanne’s baby) favorite finger foods.’
What she enjoys most about being a mom: ‘Nursing and rocking before nap times’
What surprised her most becoming a mother: ‘Just how hard breastfeeding can be and also how difficult it can be to get your baby on regular sleep patterns.’
Suzanne's Breakfast Tacos
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tortillas, taco sized
- Lightly coat a frying pan with oil and scramble the three eggs, seasoning them with salt and pepper. Just before they look done, top the eggs with the feta cheese and remove the skillet from the heat. (Eggs will continue to cook in the hot skillet).
- Warm two flour tortillas in the oven on low or in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Divide eggs in half and place into tortillas. Top with tomatoes and avocado and sprinkle with a bit more sea salt and pepper.