You’ve probably seen by now, I have a new obsession… Matcha Green Tea Powder. After making matcha tea lattes, I kept experimenting with this rich, bright green tea and came up
with an easy and healthy recipe for Match Green Tea Pound Cake.
My friend Anne and I sipped on Matcha Lattes as we whipped up this narly green cake. It was an overcast day, perfect for enjoying a cup of tea and slice of cake. And green seemed to fit the mood just perfectly.
The result, a sweet, but not-too sweet, dense cake with a hint of green tea flavor. The exterior was perfectly crispy while the interior of the cake remained moist. We all LOVED the flavor, Josh couldn’t stop snagging a slice out of our kitchen, and I ate a slice or two for breakfast with berries and Greek yogurt for the next couple days. This recipe needed no perfecting. It came out
perfect on the first try and now we just look forward to another loaf soon!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (you can also use butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (you may use regular milk)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a loaf pan well or line with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream together the coconut oil and sugar.
- Add almond milk and eggs, and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and a toothpick comes out clean.