I’ve been on a pumpkin kick lately. This pumpkin maple granola recipe is free of processed or refined sugars and is sweetened simply with maple syrup and natural pumpkin flavors. I’ve been enjoying it most days during these last couple of weeks of the October Unprocessed challenge, making for a perfect unprocessed breakfast alongside my homemade vanilla bean yogurt.
Some of the other pumpkin recipes I’ve been experimenting with lately include – Pumpkin Caramel Sauce and Pumpkin Caramel Popcorn. Both of those recipes will be posted within a couple of weeks! Here are a few past posts on pumpkin recipes –
For the pumpkin maple granola, all you need is a few simple ingredients. You may add whatever nuts or dried fruit you have around your pantry and feel free to alter the spices to your liking. The main things you need are oats, pumpkin puree and maple syrup, and the rest is up to you!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups oats
- 3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big mixing bowl whisk together all of the first 8 ingredients (pumpkin through salt). Stir well to combine. Add in the oats, pecans, coconut, pepitas and chia seeds, leaving only the dried cherries out. You'll add the cherries in after the granola is cooked so they don't get hard and dried out.
- Pinch the oat mixture together to form little clumps on top of the baking sheet (this helps form more chunky granola).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, stir then bake another 20 minutes. If the granola is still not crisp after 40 minutes then turn the heat down to 275 and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Note that it will crisp more as it cools down.
- Let cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
- Mix in dried cherries.
- Serve over yogurt, with milk, or as a snack.
This is a sugar free, unprocessed granola recipe.