You know those rare times when you discover a good recipe then proceed to make it for everyone you know and multiple times for your own family. These Chicken Lettuce Wraps are my latest addiction. And so far we haven’t gotten tired of them, as they’re perfect for summer and make enough to share with friends too. Top the Asian-style wraps with just about any veggie that’s in season and you have a refreshing summer meal!
These little gems don’t require much work either! The only real prep is in the sauce. If you have some extra time earlier in the day (nap time, lunch break etc) whisk up the sauce and let the chicken marinate for a few hours before cooking, then there’s literally no time at all before you’ll be having dinner ready on the table! And if you don’t have that time early in the day, that’s okay too, you can marinate the chicken in the sauce for just a few minutes before cooking it all off.
Look for rice noodles to combine with the sauce and chicken. The great part about rice noodles is that they make the meal a bit more filling and yet keep the dish gluten free. And these noodles don’t even require boiling, just soak them in hot water for 10 minutes or so and they soften to a perfect texture.
Oh and butter leaf lettuce. Have you tried it??? It’s perfectly crunchy and stable to use for wraps and so almost too beautiful to cut into! Some of my favorite salads lately have been made with butter leaf. You can usually find it at the store in a whole head then carefully wash and break apart the leaves so they remain intact for the wraps. Simple and so fresh!
This is our latest, greatest, go-to dinner! What are you crushing on these days?!
Here are some fabulous ideas for early fall recipes
Coconut Curry Cauliflower Rice Bowls by Kitchen Confidante
Pear and Blackberry Almond Cake by Floating Kitchen
Homemade Pumpkin Pasta by Bless this Mess
Melon and Raspberry Soda Float by Letty’s Kitchen
Ratatouille Lasagna by Flavor the Moments
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Carrots and Radishes by Vintage Mixer
Harvest Tortilla Soup by Simple Bites
Peach Muffins with Pecan Streusel by Cafe Johnsonia
Pear and Fig Tarts with Goat Cheese and Honey by Food for My Family
Easy Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps garnished with seasonal veggies. This recipe is perfect for Summer weeknights!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken (or turkey)
- 5 oz rice noodles
- 1 head of butter leaf lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- 4 green onions, sliced and divided (green parts and white parts)
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts or cashews
- veggies: shredded carrots, green onions, sliced radishes (or whatever you have fresh in your kitchen)
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce (soy sauce, oyster sauce, water, honey, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, and ginger). Pour 3/4 of the sauce over the uncooked ground chicken and cover. Let marinate in the fridge for 10 minutes to a few hours.
- 10 minutes before you start cooking, fill a large bowl with hot water (not boiling) and add rice noodles to soak.
- Chop the green onions, separating the green and white parts, leaving the green for garnishing.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the whites of the onions to the pan then add the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes then flip and start breaking the meat apart with a spatula or wooden spoon. Cook for a few more minutes then remove the noodles from the water and chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Add noodles to the chicken and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the remaining sauce and remove from heat.
- Serve on butter leaf greens and garnish with peanuts, green onions, carrots, radishes or whatever you have on hand!