Curry Chicken with Cashews and Cauliflower
An easy weeknight curry dish with chicken, cauliflower, green beans and cashews.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 - 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 can whole coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed then cooked
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch segments
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets (or a mixture of cauliflower and broccoli)
- 1/3 cup cashews, toasted
- 2-3 green onions, sliced thin
In a large sauce pan heat up the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onion and cook 2-3 minutes then add garlic and ginger and cook another 30 seconds. Stir in the curry powder. Slowly add in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
Add in the salt, veggies and vegetable broth or water. Cover and simmer for just about 5 minutes, maybe two - or just until the cauliflower and beans lose their raw edge and cook through a bit (remaining crunchy). Remove the pot from heat and stir in the cooked chicken and cashews.
Taste and adjust the seasoning (salt / curry powder) if needed. Serve over brown rice and garnish with chopped green onion.