Aunt Diane's Green Beans with Feta and Pecans
A simple green bean side dish for thanksgiving or any occasion.
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, ends removed and cut in half
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Break the end of the green beans and cut them all in half. Cook them in boiling water for 4 minutes, drain and immerse them in ice cold water to stop the cooking and keep them slightly crisp. Drain the water and pat the beans dry with a paper towel.
Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar dill, garlic, salt and pepper and toss with the beans in a large bowl. Add in three fourths of the feta, red onion, and pecans and toss. Then top with remaining onion, feta and pecans.