Blueberry Almond Energy Bites
These Blueberry Almond Energy Bites are easy to love as they taste like blueberry muffins and yet are perfectly healthy.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 1 quart jar filled
- 1 1/4 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 drops almond extract, optional
- 3-4 tablespoons honey, or agave for vegan
In a food processor, grind up the oats and nuts until they are a flour-like powder. Add in the seeds, dates, 1/3 cup of the blueberries, salt, and almond extract (if using). Pulse until well incorporated. Add honey until a ball forms (should be 3-4 tablespoons worth). Taste and adjust sweetness or saltiness to your preference. Add in remaining dried blueberries and pulse just a few times to incorporate but still leave a few large chunks of blueberries throughout.
Roll into balls, or press into silicone mini muffin pan and refrigerate until hard then pop out. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.