Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
This flavorful Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is loaded with veggies and makes a huge batch so you have plenty for lunches or snacks all week.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 servings (12 pancakes total)
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups arugula or baby spinach, packed
- 2 bell peppers, I use orange and yellow
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced into large chunks
- 1 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 can whole artichokes, rinsed and quartered
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 ounces feta, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil, + 1/2 tablespoon, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, +1/4 teaspoon, divided
- 8-10 grinds pepper, about 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped or torn
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
In a medium sauce pan combine the cup of quinoa with two cups of water and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer then cover and set a timer for 15 minutes. Check for doneness after 15 minutes then fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl combine the chopped bell pepper, red onion, squash, and zucchini. All of these should be chopped in 1/2 inch cubes. Add in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine then transfer the veggies to the prepared baking sheet.
Roast veggies for 12-15 minutes or until starting to brown yet still slightly crunchy.
While veggies are roasting, finish chopping the rest of the ingredients or mix up the dressing (1/3 cup oil, 3 tablespoons balsamic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 8 grinds of pepper, and 2 tablespoons basil).
In the same large bowl used previously for the veggies, start combining ingredients starting with the quinoa and arugula. Stir in everything then add in the dressing. Toss to combine.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge. This will keep for 5-6 days.