Favorite Fall Salad with Pulled Pork
This is a great everyday fall salad with dried and fresh fruit, and spiced nuts. Serve it with cider pulled pork for a hearty meal!
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens, I used some shredded Brussels sprouts and kale along with greens
- 1-2 cups cider pulled pork, optional
- 1/4 cup dried figs, stems removed and quartered
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted nuts
- 1/2 crisp apple, sliced thin
for the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
If you're using pre-made pulled pork from my earlier recipe and you've frozen it, you can either remove it from the freezer the day before and heat up on a skillet over medium heat or remove straight from the freezer and warm up over low heat on the skillet. Once warm set aside.
Measure out all of the salad toppings.
Whisk up the dressing and toss the greens, brussels and kale with the dressing and seasonings. Add more salt and pepper to the greens if necessary. Top with fruit and nuts then pulled pork. Then toss everything to combine.