Brussels Sprouts with Walnut Vinaigrette
A great winter salad or Thanksgiving side dish of shaved brussels sprouts with walnut vinaigrette.
for walnut vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt/pepper, to taste
for the salad
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shaved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 honey crisp apple, sliced thin
Prepare vinaigrette by whisking together all ingredients. Set aside.
Combine shaved sprouts and red onion in a large salad bowl. Toss with dressing. Top with sliced apple. Season to taste with salt and pepper.