Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Easy Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps garnished with seasonal veggies. This recipe is perfect for Summer weeknights!
for the sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
for the wraps
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken (or turkey)
- 5 oz rice noodles
- 1 head of butter leaf lettuce washed and leaves separated
- 4 green onions sliced and divided (green parts and white parts)
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts or cashews
- veggies: shredded carrots green onions, sliced radishes (or whatever you have fresh in your kitchen)
Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce (soy sauce, oyster sauce, water, honey, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, and ginger). Pour 3/4 of the sauce over the uncooked ground chicken and cover. Let marinate in the fridge for 10 minutes to a few hours.
10 minutes before you start cooking, fill a large bowl with hot water (not boiling) and add rice noodles to soak.
Chop the green onions, separating the green and white parts, leaving the green for garnishing.
Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the whites of the onions to the pan then add the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes then flip and start breaking the meat apart with a spatula or wooden spoon. Cook for a few more minutes then remove the noodles from the water and chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Add noodles to the chicken and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the remaining sauce and remove from heat.
Serve on butter leaf greens and garnish with peanuts, green onions, carrots, radishes or whatever you have on hand!