Cherry Coconut Kale Salad Recipe
A great summer salad of toasted kale and coconut with fresh cherries.
- 3 cups kale, about 1/2 bunch
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey wine vinegar, or wine vinegar +honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar, or coarse sugar
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 1 cup chicken, shredded (optional)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss kale and flaked coconut with coconut oil, honey wine vinegar, salt and coconut sugar. Mix well to coat all of the kale with the seasoning.
Lay the kale and coconut out evenly on a baking sheet and toast for about 12 minutes.
Remove the kale from the oven. Then taste and add extra salt and pepper to your liking.
Top with cherries, chickpeas and chicken.