Apple Fennel Salad
A fresh and crisp winter salad with green apple and fennel dressed with a simple lemon dijon vinaigrette.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 fresh fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, (and zest of half the lemon)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of freshly ground pepper
Slice the fennel bulb in half and remove the bitter center. Then lay the bulb flat on a cutting board and thinly slice from the base toward the stem of the fennel. Thinly slice the apple. Combine fennel and apple in medium bowl.
Whisk together lemon juice, oil, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper, in a small bowl.
Pour dressing over apple/fennel mixture; add parsley and lemon zest, toss until well blended.
Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.