Healthy Date, Oat, and Nut Granola Bars
A healthy recipe for granola bars with dates, nuts, and seeds, no sugar added!
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 1 cup nuts (I use walnuts and almonds or whatever I have on hand!)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 10-12 medjool dates seeds removed and chopped (10 large or 12 medium)
- 4 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries chopped
Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish and preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
In a food processor pulse the oats, nuts and seeds until a flour-like meal is formed. Add dates then add honey, tablespoon at a time until the mixture starts to clump together (you may noir need the full 4 tablespoons). Add in the vanilla and salt and pulse a few more times to combine. Stir in the chopped cherries.
Turn out the mixture onto the prepared baking dish and use parchment paper or a spatula to press the mixture into a flax, even surface. The bars should be 3/4-1 inch thick.
Bake for 20 minutes then let cool before cutting into preferred bar sizes.