Chicken Gyro Bowls
Gyro Bowls topped with Greek Yogurt Dressing and crisp Summer vegetables make for a perfect light and healthy meal.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked lentils, (cooked in veg broth)
- 1 cup mixed greens, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mixed herbs, roughly chopped (mint, oregano, parsley, thyme)
- Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Pickled Red Onions
- 2 chicken breasts, about 4 ounces each
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- radishes, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, olives, pickled red onions, chickpeas, feta
Cook the quinoa and lentils then let cool.
Toss the chicken with lemon juice and coat with the spice mixture. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
While chicken is resting, blend together the Greek yogurt dressing and prep the pickled red onions.
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the seasoned chicken and cook for 4 minutes on the first side then flip and continue cooking 2-4 minutes or until no longer pink in the center and juices come out clear.
While chicken is cooking, prepare the toppings, slice, chop etc, then place in in separate bowls or on a large platter. Toss the greens and herbs with the quinoa and lentils. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Layer bowls with quinoa mixture, chopped veggies, chicken, feta, then Greek Yogurt Dressing.