Who says Fall foods have to be all brown?!! These Honey Roasted Carrots with Pomegranate Seeds and Goat Cheese would be the show stopper of any holiday table. And with 10 minutes of prep this is a simple enough recipe to whip up while your turkey is roasting. With simple dishes like this one, the most important part is using the freshest produce you can find, which I go to Harmons for.
This post is sponsored by Harmons Grocery, my local grocer.
About a year ago we found ourselves in New York on a long layover before our travels in Europe. We met up with some friends at this New York Pizza shop for lunch, and while the pizza was definitely good, the sides were the memorable bite of the meal. Roasted Avocado with preserved lemon, Black Kale with pickled apricots, Zucchini Noodles with pistachio vinaigrette, and then a dish similar to this one. Much like that day, for Thanksgiving I find myself drawn to all of the sides rather than the main attraction.
I can hardly wait to dig into the brussels sprouts, mashed sweet potatoes, squash casserole, and green beans. Oh and I LOVE rainbow carrots!! They taste just slightly different and all have varying nutritional values from beta carotene to vitamin A and lycopene. Plus they’re just more fun to serve, especially when you have kids. My 3 year old loves purple carrots! You can find these rainbow carrots in a 2 lb bag at Harmons Grocery Store if you’re in Utah. They also have perfectly ripe pomegranates and locally made goat cheese!
There’s always so much brown on the table at Thanksgiving – mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and even the turkey is brown, so I always feel a need to throw in some color! Here are some other colorful sides to brighten up your holiday table-
This Honey Roasted Carrot Recipe with Pomegranate Seeds is a great vegetable side dish to serve for Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner.
- 2 lbs rainbow carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1/2 pomegranate)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium bowl toss cut carrots with melted butter, honey, and seasonings.
- Spread carrots out on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
- Transfer warm carrots to a serving dish and top with goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Serve warm.