Okay, so I can’t go the whole month of October without any sweets. And as it turns out there are lots of great sweet treats, snack, and dessert recipes that use real unprocessed ingredients. I wanted to make a sweet snack similar to my Raw Chocolate Truffles but without the cocoa powder. So, after a little research I created these little healthy raw cookie dough bites for a perfectly sweet ending to any fresh and light meal.We’ve been eating these cookie dough bites after a big bowl of soup at lunch, as an afternoon snack, or after a hearty dinner. Really we just can’t stop eating them. And they are super easy to make as long as you have a food processor. If you don’t, borrow one from a friend, I promise these are worth it. And if you want a little variation you can add a couple spoonfuls of pumpkin puree for pumpkin cookie dough bites or add some melted 70% chocolate for a chocolate cookie dough bite. To store these little balls, you can simple place then in a jar in your fridge.
I can honestly say, I’m not craving rich sweets like I usually do, no brownie, pie or cake cravings. I think I’ve wiped my system clean of not-so-good for me sweets. (though I will always crave ice cream). But these little bites satisfy my sweet tooth and I think I’ll be making them far beyond the end of October Unprocessed.
Do you have any other unprocessed sweet treats that you can share with me? Just in case I get sick of Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips* (use chocolate with high cacao content and no additives or unknown ingredients)
- Grind cashews and oats into a fine flour using a food processor.
- Add honey and maple syrup, adding more as needed until the dough forms into a ball in your processor.
- Roll dough into bite sized balls then stick the chocolate chips into the dough. (I found it easier to add the chips after rolling the dough but you can try it either way).
- Store in the refrigerator.
for completely unprocessed chocolate use raw chocolate or cacao nibs
For more unprocessed snacks and sweets visit my full post on unprocessed recipes.