The recipe for Hazelnut Marzipan Jar Cakes can be found here. I quadrupled the recipe to make more than just two cakes. These cakes are actually vegan, but I really don’t think you will miss the eggs and real butter this time. Usually vegan desserts turn out more moist than others so I thought it would be a perfect cake to put in a jar so that when it reached its beloved recipient it would not be dry. I especially loved all of the ingredients in this cake…marzipan chocolate bars, freshly brewed coffee, and hazelnuts. I don’t think you could really go wrong with those ingredients. I also added a bit of hazelnut oil to add to the nutty flavor.
3. mix ingredients for your cake
4. fill jars 1/2 to 3/4 full
5. bake according to your cakes directions (note it will take about the time of a cupcake)
6. test with a skewer to see if the cake is done
7. screw on the jar lids while the cake is still hot (if the cake rises above the mouth of the jar you can just press it down with the lid)
8. label the cake and send out to someone you love